Not accustomed to planning events? Celebrate your graduate’s success in style with these simple tips.
1. Choose a theme
Set the stage for celebration by choosing a theme that best describes the graduate. Consider using school colors, favorite hobbies, sports preference or future plans as the subject of the theme. Keep the look consistent with invitations, decorations and even the food menu.
Hang a banner, float balloons or scatter confetti on tables, but most importantly, don’t forget the flowers
Flowers add life to a celebration and help attendees to feel like special guests. Match the style of flowers to the personality of the graduate
- Fill a wreath base with fresh flowers in school colors for the entrance door.
- Order a life-size cutout of the graduate in a fun pose, to greet guests as they arrive. Or to play pin the tail on the grad
- Display the graduate’s scrapbooks, school activities, team photos, prom pictures and awards on a memory table with a personalized floral centerpiece.
- Showcase university or career memorabilia to indicate future plans.
- Frame a favorite photo in a wide mat, without glass. Ask guests to autograph the mat offering their congrats or best wishes.
- Set up a theme-inspired photo booth for snapshots of the graduate and guests.
3. Have fun with food
- The graduate likes sports? Serve ballpark foods like hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, etc.
- Do the kids hang out at the pizza place? Order in their favorite pizzas and desserts.
- A movie buff? Rent a popcorn machine and offer a tasting bar of popcorn toppings and boxed movie treats.
5. Give a gift of flowers
Suggest a backup plan